- Sarah and Vinnie Suspended – Sarah & Vinnie from A...
- Kelly Kulick News: Kelly Kulick Reigns Supreme in ...
- Jenny Jones Update: Jenny from Frank the Entertain...
- Brad and Angelina Breakup Goes Viral
- Conan Rally - Team Conan Rally Under the Rain
- Christopher Marley Insect Art: Critters Dignified ...
- Tallest Building in the World Burj Dubai Tower Ina...
- Wes Welker Injury-Left Knee Drives Welker to be Be...
- ▼ January 2010 (8)
Monday, January 04, 2010
4:50 AM |
In a state stricken with debt, Dubai still is nonchalant in opening the 818 meters Burj Dubai Tower that is now dubbed as the tallest building in the world. The 160 plus storey building has become an emblem for architectural marvel and it remains the symbol of the abundance in Dubai despite of the crisis it is suffering from the repercussions of the global market slowdowns. Just last month Dubai was bailed out by Abu Dhabi by $10 billion, after the state-owned Dubai World asked to halt paying investors with its debts that amounted to $26 billion!
Most people are waiting for six years before the tallest building in the world is completed. Burj Dubai tower is a product of the Chicago-based Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, which tagged the Burj as "a bold global icon that will serve as a model for future urban centers." The Burj Dubai Tower will house offices, apartments and a luxury hotel. The tallest building in the world Burj Dubai Tower is due for inauguration January 10 2010.